Hot Toys 1/6th Scale Star Wars Episode IV: Han Solo and Chewbacca Sideshow Collectibles Exclusive

Hot Toys 1/6th Scale Star Wars Episode IV: Han Solo and Chewbacca Sideshow Collectibles Exclusive
Released: October 2015
Manufactured by: Hot Toys



After months of delays, Hot Toys finally releases the Han Solo and Chewbacca two figure set. This pack is essentially the two figures packed together in a set and comes with two additional accessories that cannot be obtained by buying the figures alone, hence it becomes an "exclusive".

Overall, I'm very pleased with how both of these figures came out, regardless of what others may say about the sculpts of the figures. Chewbacca looked great out of the package and, in my opinion, didn't really need any combing or finessing. Harrison Ford's head sculpt also got a huge improvement from the Indiana Jones figure Hot Toys released awhile ago and truly embodies the look of Harrison Ford.



While the Chewbacca looks great, I can see why people had so many problems with it. The area around the eyes are really dark, and I think turned many people off to this figure. Others say the hair on the head was not done right because of coloring, styling, etc, but I think for a sixth scale figure he looks great.

These two come with a ton of accessories that range from; one pair of Chewbacca hands, many sets of gloved hands for Han, Han's pistol, Chewbacca's bowcaster, afropick for Chewbacca, Stormtrooper gun, two bases, Millenium Falcon headsets for both Han and Chewbacca, and the exclusive comes with a Stormtrooper belt for Han and a giant blaster rifle. I would say you aren't missing out on too much with the exclusive especially if you already have a Stormtrooper, which you could remove the belt and put on Han.

While all the accessories are great and highly detailed, I don't see myself displaying any of that stuff. I dig the classic look of the characters and think they look great as is. I'm also not really into taking apart Han to get the Stormtrooper belt on, which the instructions make it seem like a chore to get on and off. The headsets are also a nice touch, but only make sense to wear if you plan on purchasing the Millenium Falcon cockpit display.

The only other fault I found was with Han's joints. I noticed that his joints were really tight and much stiffer than many other Hot Toys. I'm not sure if I got a manufacture default, but it can be hard to move him into the right pose...still this is more a nitpicky thing to point out.

Overall, I'm happy to have gotten these two especially with The Force Awakens buzz that is happening now. Both figures are a must for any Star Wars fan, and these two look much better in hand. Sadly, this set is on waitlist on Sideshow, but you can still buy these figures individually.






























Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment